Friday, September 7, 2007

I've been wanting to change the subject on this little blog of mine and here is an interesting change of scenery.


I stopped by Albertsons on my way home from work and when we came out this is what I found:





I was pretty nervous to move my car without the person actually see how they had parked their vehicle, but I wanted to know if there was any damage or no damage and nothing to worry about. SO....I whipped out my camera. (as any normal person would do right? jk)
Man, their license plate was all up on my hood! I finally moved my car back a few inches to check it out and there was hardly any damage at all. Like two little scratches that you can hardly see. Just then the woman came out with 3 boys. Can you just see me....."uhhhh, excuse me?" She was SO nice! She felt so bad and she could tell my kids had had enough of this shopping business...she had her oldest son put all of my groceries in my trunk and take the cart away for us. He was 11 and she had an 8 & 6 year old too. Connor was trying to help him and he kept telling Connor, "look how strong you are!"
It was just a funny experience where it could have been such a bad experience and it turned out to be fun to meet them. (probably not if my car was all dinged up though!!!! ha ha!)
After we left Connor said, "that was just an accident, huh Mom....they were really nice." (he opened the car doors for all of us when we got home because he said he wanted to be like that kid)
I was glad I didn't yell or make a scene and have my kids see things like that. Or the people could have been real jerks! Things could have been so different. I'm glad they saw what they saw today.

6 comments:

Amber said...

That looks so much worse!! I can't believe that it was only a couple of scratches!! You lucky girl & glad it was a nice experience & Connor was wanting to be just like that nice boy. How sweet.

Missy said...

How funny. Glad you turned it into a good experience instead of a bad one.

Amanda said...

Of course right? Glad that you had your camera handy!!!

Anamarie said...

Lucky! (saying it like Napolian Dynamite):-)

kristi r said...

hey Brooke! fun to see your blog! you have adorable little boys!

Unknown said...

Sarah and I were in San Francisco a few years ago. (It was actually Sept. 10, 2001 and we flew home that day. Due to the following day's events we were very glad our flight was on the 10th, not the 11th.) We were opening our rental car door up at the Marin Headlands--that's the spot north of San Francisco that overlooks the Golden Gate Bridge. It was REALLY windy and when Sarah opened her door the wind caught it and slammed it into the brand new car next to us. It left a very noticeable dent and scratch on the car. We were checking it out and trying to decide what to do when Sarah spots these three tough looking guys in leather jackets. "Oh no, I really hope that's not their car. They look really mean." (Now, I had my suspicions about these guys, but I'll get to that in a minute.) Sure enough, they came right up to the car so we told them what happened. The guy with the keys examined at it and the look on his face said, "holy crap, that's a serious dent that I'll have to get fixed at the shop." I was trying to figure out if I had any cash I could give him while Sarah was wondering if he was going to rip my head off when he said in a slightly effeminate voice, "That's ok. These things happen." They were totally gay and so nice! All of the sudden their tough looking clothes went from Hell's Angels to street metro. I sensed that all three of these sensitive guys sensed how horrible we felt about it and felt bad for us. I gave them my phone number so they could contact me about the expense of fixing it but I never heard from them again. I was reminded of how much I love the diversity in California and Sarah learned that one need not be afraid of three leather-clad men driving a brand new black Volkswagen Golf.

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.