Monday, August 13, 2007

During opening exercises for Relief Society & YW, Shirley Seastrand came and motioned for me to come out. I immediately thought Wyatt needed to be changed and grabbed my keys to get a diaper out of the car. Not so.
Since it was Connor's last week in this ward because we are moving, he asked if he could say a few words in Sharing Time. Yep, you are reading correctly. Is that too much or what? So Shirley thought I might want to hear what he had to say when he got up there.
So Connor heads up to the microphone with his scriptures, opens them to the few pictures in the back and says, "Jesus came out of the sky. Then he said bring me your little children." (The are lots of pauses and "umms" in between. ) And then he said, "Samuel the Lamanite was on a wall and prayed that God would help him not get hurt by swords and arrows." Sis. Magdaluyo was so funny up there beside him trying to handle the situation. She said, "Ok, it's time to sit down now." (after lots more pauses & "ummms" by Connor) and some of the older kids said, "no, let him stay up there!"
It was the one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I am so proud of him for being so brave and for remembering the things he has been taught from the scriptures about Jesus blessing the little children when he came and visited the Nephites. His memory is crazy.


Wyatt wanted me to take a picture of him too. Rock on Wyatt!

5 comments:

Amber said...

That is so precious! I love Connor!

Patti said...

This story just slays me.

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anamarie said...

Hey girlie, it's Anamarie, check us out at anamarieandtylerfamily.blogspot.com
Glad to know another friend has moved home to good 'ole Vegas. We should get together for lunch some time and catch up. Maybe Kris can do a weekend trip or somethng and come too:-) What do you say Kristina?

Amanda said...

I had to comment! How cute are your kids. When are where are you moving? I miss seeing you every Sunday. Hope everything is good!

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.