Friday, May 4, 2007


You know, some stuff I just won't miss. I am crazy busy and I don't see my boys nearly enough, but there are some things they do that I just refuse to miss. I remember I had a final exam scheduled for Halloween night and I told my teacher, "no way, I can't come that night. I will take the test before, after, whenever you want, but I'm taking my kids trick or treating." My job is pretty cool cause I was able to run over to take Connor to school on his first day of preschool. Last night Connor did such a great job singing at the primary talent show. He practiced a lot and wasn't scared. It was 3 seconds long and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. : ) Sunday, after I came and watched him do his part for sharing time Connor said, "mom, you watched me? Are you going to come watch me at the talent show? You're always there for me aren't you. I'm always there for you too." I hope my boys know how much I love them even though I'm away from them a lot lately.

I promise I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm not such a bad mom or rationalize anything. It's just some thoughts I want to remember for later. Plus, maybe my kids will see this someday.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oh! He looks so cute! Was it seriously a year ago that he did the Napoleon dance?!

Amber said...

I love Connor that he is not even a little bit shy!

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.