Saturday, November 29, 2008

Utah Trip

So.....we went to Utah last weekend to get some stuff from IKEA and to see some old friends..and by "old" I mean awesome and I've known them for years! I dread going up to Utah because I have so many horrible memories or good memories that are tainted now. But honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My friends pampered us with homemade biscuits, homemade jam, homemade soup, homemade bread sticks and a HOMEMADE loaf of bread to take home. Now my kids keep asking me for "homemade" stuff! All of it was SO good and I can't even explain how great it was so talk to friends who know me and what we've been through. The ones that saw and helped move our things to their basement or who watched my kids while I was at the lawyers or who helped me choose what I would take from my home. These are the same friends who cleaned my house when I'd have a baby or help tend my boys when I'd be at my whits end because Justin was never around. It was more than great to see them again.


I have so many great family members and friends who live close by and help so much and I love you too!!!

I took the boys to see the houses we used to live in. It wasn't as bad as I thought either. Kinda.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I would be asking for homemade stuff too! Sounds yummy. I need to come see all your stuff you got from IKEA! Kim said it was all so cute. And I love that you took the boys to see your old houses. You are an awesome mom.

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.