Monday, September 8, 2008

Real Life

Sticks and stones, they break bones
But poisonous words can sting
A caring heart, that has been tried
Beneath the microscope
Children’s lives centered on
Rallied round, tucked in each night
A lullaby sung to ease the day
Gospel truths trusted in
Effort to try my best
The measuring stick laid down
Sticks and stones, they break bones
Who’s anxious to hurl the first?

A grateful heart
A loving heart
A hand that holds difficult cards
But smile for what is had
Health and strength
Two able hands
To wrap around my babies
And to help those I can
A willing heart
A humble heart
Two hands to do my best

I’m happy and I’m able
Who could ask for more?
I love my family and my friends
Who could ask for more?
We stumble, learn and laugh together
Who could ask for more?
Each new day brings new hope
Who could ask for more?

10 comments:

Amber said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Cami said...

Thanks for sharing! Nice to read Sweet little poem.

Melody said...

hey love..I hope your not feeling too bad!? :( I love ya and your an awesome friend and an amazing Mom!!! Don't let anyone ever tell you different!!!!!!!!!!!! People make mistakes, even our friends ( at least we hope they're our friends)..that's life... but fixing those mistakes and making it right, is too! Love the poem!!! XO :D

Teresa said...

I just had lots to catch up on - love your blog. I like that you have a little bit of the kids, a little bit of what's going on otherwise and a little bit of your thoughts. It's all your life. Thanks for sharing.
I a bit jealous you got to go to AIDA and I didn't. I LOVE to hear/see Nicole perform. (You'd think she was a professional or something!)
You're amazing! Love ya!

Jen Rose said...

Love it Brooke! Sorry you had to deal with that. I KNOW how that feels! You're the best though! Love ya!

The Jarvis Family said...

Had fun with you last night!!

Kris said...

You're an amazing woman who is strong and independent. You're boys think the world of you and that's all that matters. Love you.

Brad and Leslie said...

Oh Brooke! Why do you make me cry?! Do I need to kick someone's butt for you?

Heather said...

That is a beautiful poem!
It's really sad that you have to watch out for those that are supposed to be your friends. Chin up. You are awesome and will get through this. Maybe minus a few so called friends. haha!

Matt & Mandy Evans said...

What a cute post!! I love it. We need to do another girls night so we can all hang out soon!

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.