Friday, July 4, 2008

a HAPPY 4th of July

I love good days and today was a good one. Nothing too special but just lots of laughing and good times. And good food....that always helps. We spent the day with family at Emily's house eating yummy BBQ-ed shrimp & chicken, corn on the cob and homemade ice cream. We swam with the kids forever and wouldn't you know Wyatt started swimming today. It was the coolest thing! He takes the HUGEST breath and makes his eyes bug out of his head.... I got a great pic of him doing it! He did great swimming!







WHAT THE???!!

My dad came out wearing this to go swimming. By the way, he has really cool swim trunks, who knows where they are?? And I think he's a great sport to go swimming with us anyway!
But when he came out...Wyatt pointed and said, "WHAT IS THAT???" We were all laughing so hard we were almost crying. I think you had those swim trunks when I was in 6th grade & I had big bangs. Sorry Dad, had to take a pic! Love you, you're a great sport!!



11 comments:

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

your dad cracks me up, that is too funny! my dad did the same thing once, came out in some lit-le ol shorts from like the 70's hilarious. looks like you guys had a good time. cute pics.

klkw said...

Brook-a-rama, I now know where you get your super sexy legs...nice...:)

Lenzi said...

ok seriously..your dad rocks! You guys all look so cute and like you had so much fun! Tell the fam I said HI! XOXO

Amanda said...

Your dad is so funny!!! I'm thinking my dad had a pair that looksed something like that too!!! Short shorts used to be in!!!!
What a fun 4th of July! It's always fun getting together for BBQ's!!!
LOVE YOUR SWIMSUIT!!!

Amber said...

Your dad is so cute! Looks like you had fun. And I love the picture of Wyatt.

Mucho take it easy... said...

Gotta love Tom! That just reminded me of a time when Paul came out whith NOTHING but a Jock strap on for my mom & Eric. Just totally out of the blue. I think they both had a total coronary, they were laughing so hard. This wasn't too long ago either!It's good to know that our parents still have the ability to make us laugh!

Looks like you guys had a good 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Ok... that face of Wyatt! I am cracking up! your Dad! What a sport!! And I agree "what is that!?!?"

Caitlin said...

Russ and I were dying over that picture of Wyatt! He is so funny.

Kara said...

First off Tom is hillarious, second Wyatt is too, and third you are too cute. Love the bathing suit! Sooo cute!

Brad and Leslie said...

OK - can Wyatt get any cuter?! I love that face. It's totally priceless! Les

Teresa said...

I saw the first picture a knew it was a Pooler Family Event - everyone wearing the appropriate colors for the holiday and festive tableware - what other clues would I need?:}
Love the pictures of Wyatt and you dad! You just gotta love Uncle Tom!

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.