Tuesday, April 28, 2009

EASTER





I love Easter...but I hated going to the store to see all of the huge Easter baskets with all of the toys and presents inside them. So like mankind to make Easter about ourselvs. Not to say I don't give my kids Easter baskets...but simple is better to me and I want to teach them more about the meaning and not just the candy. That's the way my mom did it and I hope I can do the same.
We had a great Easter and I hope my kids are starting to learn more as they get a little bit older. We talked a lot about the resurrection and Jesus' sacrifice for us. We watched a movie about Jesus' life and I think it helped make sense to them...a little bit :) Emily and I came up with a silly scavenger hunt for them to do Sunday morning to find their baskets. Things like "the women were going to put spices on Jesus' body, go to where mom keeps her spices" hahaha we are such dorks but I hope they are learning something.
We had a fun weekend and went on a picnic with my family, colored eggs & had a fun Easter egg hunt with the Dukes. Wyatt wore his spiderman costume to the egg hunt...gotta love that.

3 comments:

Steph said...

oh, I always enjoy the stuff you come up with. miss Talent!!! YOur boys are so cute. Conner will always just say "Hey" to me when I see him after school. He is so funny. Mr. Cool guy!!!

Brad and Leslie said...

Good night - the boys look soooo grown up!!!!

The Dunn Family said...

Your boys are getting big so fast, holy cow! What cute pictures and great ideas for easter!

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.