Tuesday, August 19, 2008

On my mind..




Decisions and tiny choices…
All lead to gigantic outcomes
Thread by thread we are bound
Choice by choice we are lead
Down a path that we create
With small choices made everyday
We build our life
We choose our course
Blinded by it seeming to affect one
But their rippling effects touch many



My friend Kristin is recently divorced with 4 small kids....her husband got involved in drugs and it tore their family apart. He lost jobs, he lost his family and recently lost his life. Leaving her with the responsibility to take care of these little ones. Leaving her to tell them their dad had died.

I've just been thinking a lot about how our small choices lead us to where we are in our lives. How we think small ones don't make such an impact. Some take us off course just a little bit, but if you continue at that angle for long long time...you are miles away from where you wanted to be.

I'm not just talking about my friend's ex-husband...or mine!! :) I'm talking about all of us and me included. I took an apple to work the other day and it had a yucky spot on it so I cut it off. I took a big bite into it on the opposite side and it tasted so NASTY. I was thinking how we make choices in our lives that we THINK only affect certain things. But it's not true. It carries over into every area of our life. I had to throw that whole apple away because that one rotten spot tainted the whole taste of the apple.

Just a few of my thoughts about choices to encourage us all to be better...especially me. Keep my eye on the ball and not get caught up in making a lot of small bad choices that lead to big ones.

Peace Out!!

13 comments:

Ammon and Brooke said...

Inspiring thought. Thanks for sharing! Sad story about your friend.

Anonymous said...

oh Brookie! Where do I start?! That is so sad about your friend! And all I have to say about you... Is I am so sorry! I wish life could be peachy for you! but you are totally right. The decisions we make create waves that contine to ripple for a long long long time effecting a lot of people. I love ya girl!

Mandy said...

I am sorry for your friends loss. My husband had a friend who also had four kids and her husband took his life also. It is so sad to see those choices effect not just ourselves but others especially children

Spencer Reeve said...

You are so right, good things to think about...

Anamarie said...

Please tell Kristen, she is in our prayers.

The Jarvis Family said...

wow what an awesome blog! I loved it!

Kara said...

Good one Brooke! Thanks for the great thoughts! Love ya!

Cherise said...

You make me want to be a better person.
I feel so sad for Kristin. I hope she and the kids are okay. If she is like you, then she is one tough cookie, and can over come a lot!

Marylin said...

We don't know each other and I think we may have met at a Rascall Flatts Concert last year (you were there with Kaytee) anyway we have some friends in common and I cam across your blog and I have to say that I love this post! I too have been through a divorce and so it hit me in that way as well as others! There are too many times that choices are made based upon instant gratification and no thought for the long term. I appreciate your thoughts on this. Oh and I believe the friend you speak of is friends with another friend of mine because that story is very familiar. Sorry to go for so long.

Brad and Leslie said...

I am so sad for Kristen, too. I have known her since she was born and I can count the number of times I have seen a frown on her face (over her lifetime) on one hand. I didn't know about this until her Mom told Brad's Mom last Tuesday. People like her don't deserve this - funny I can say the same about you! :) I can agree with Cherise, even though I don't know her, when she says you make her want to be a better person! luv ya, les

Cami said...

Wow, good analogy miss Brooke! How are you all doing? Hope all is great with you and the boys!

Melody said...

You are so right! Thanks for sharing!

Kristin1HotMama said...

WOW Brooke you did it again. You touched my heart it feels good. I wanted to say how sorry I feel for your friend and than I realized that friend was me. I still can't believe it, its been 2 weeks now and I still feel like his going to call and argue about the kids. I look at my children and see how they will never know there father it kills me inside. Sometimes I don't know what to say to them. I know you and other people were meant to appear in my life at this moment. There are things that you have done for me and some other people that have shown true compasion for me and the children, I thank you for that. Brooke you are great and I love you. I know you and I were meant to meet at this time in my life. I don't know what I would be doing if it wasn't for my true friends that I have, family and the gospel. I know that Heavenly Father is hurting watching me and the children go through this but somehow we will get through it. Brooke your great and oh how I love you for being there for me. Thanks for everything love ya alot.

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.