Thursday, July 24, 2008

Do you ever.....

have random memories pop into your mind and you just can't stop thinking about it?? For a few days now I've been thinking about this crazy moment I had a few years ago. It was the week Justin moved out and I was at the grocery store at night with my two little boys...Connor was 3 and Wyatt wasn't even a year old. I was in a total daze buying some food and in line with me was this teenager buying some flowers for his girlfriend. He must have been ahead of me and he couldn't believe how much the flowers were....

I laughed at him and took the flowers from him and paid for them. I told him I was hoping that the favor would come back to me someday....

And I wasn't talking about flowers or buying things.

That memory has kept coming into my mind all week and I remember how happy that young guy was and I imagine that girl's face when when she got the flowers..... I told him to treat her good and I of course didn't tell him anything about what had just happend to me.

I can't believe I was so gutsy and did something like that. But I'm so glad and it makes me laugh at myself.

Sorry to share such a personal thought...but you're my friends, so why not? :) Plus it's something I want to remember.

5 comments:

Amber said...

That is so sweet that you bought those flowers for him....and the advice you gave me too. I love it. I like that story!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I love that about you! you are just amazing!! And I bet that kid still to this day remembers you... and I hope that he has kept the cycle going by doing something like that for someone else.... and it will come back to you!! If it hasnt already! You are awesome!!!

Cherine said...

Maybe he paid it forward and did an act of kindness to someone else!!! That was a great story!!!

Kimberly Church said...

you are awesome. I love that story!

Ammon and Brooke said...

that is cute. Thanks for sharing

About Me

My photo
I enjoy making it through the day.